Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Start!

Trying to figure out best way to start of this year. I know I have to change my eating habits but I don't know how drastic to be or what will work for me or what will make it so hard that I'll just give up (and that I don't want to happen!).

#Homeopath says to try Candida diet (no sugar, no yeast - gets rid of the icky fermenting muck in yr gut)

# I love the idea of a raw food diet but just love my meat and dairy too much

#If I have to give up sugar totally - how will I cope with no honey or maple syrup, and what will be my sweet treat? Can anyone survive without a sweet treat?

#How much salad can you eat before going completely troppo?

I don't want this to be a flash in the pan - I want to be committed and really see changes in my life that last for years to come. It's nearly been 2 years since I had my last baby so I know my body is ready to get back to normality (no more childbearing for me!). Heck, I was still breastfeeding this time last year - that blows my mind! Anyway, last year I took the first step of hooking up with a great personal trainer but other than strengthening me and really helping me with getting a core amount of muscle building started - it won't help me lose all this weight.

So, am starting this blog to sort of have something accountable to what I am achieving (or not achieving) and to just plot any sort of improvement and what brings it about.

Ideally, I want to cut out all grains and all sugar. Having said that - I don't know if I can go cold turkey immediately, it may be more gradual but I will try to get the best start possible.

In my busy life with hubby and 4 kids I NEED rewards and that is probably my biggest hurdle. I love a good cuppa coffee so will try to cut my intake to just 2 cups a day (for starters) and 1 cup of tea. I will blog any good recipes I find and will let you know where I fall down or what I am finding easiest. I know the first few days will be a killer so I'm interested in seeing how my symptoms fare over time. My main issues will be the fatigue, the joint pain (in hands and feet) and the mood swings (anger, depression, etc).

Well, I'm off to Mrs Flannerys to stock up on some stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment