Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 2

Well, was doing OK today but soooooooo hot today couldn't bare the idea of cooking so we got Nandos (just chicken and chips - fattening yes, but not grains or sugar) and the aftermath was not pretty - so ill and on the T for quite a bit. Don't know what I reacted with but really makes me want to keep tight reins on what goes in my mouth.

Went to the gym in the morn and had a coffee and chilli scrambled eggs. Mid-morn had an awesome smoothee (banana, fresh blueberries, frozen raspberries, milk, cacao powder, and drizzle of flaxseed oil & agave syrup) that I shared with all the kids. Lunch was another big salad with leftover rissoles chopped up on top. Arvo I had a cut up mango with nat yoghurt and toasted almonds on top. Was still hungry after so had a banana and stole some rice crackers (tsk, tsk).

Went to drs and she OK'd more blood tests to check for glandular (Epstein-Barr) and Ross River Fever and also the Anti-Nuclear Antibodies to check for Auto Immune Deficiency - must investigate that further on internet (h-path recommended that too). Felt OK throughout day altho glands got pretty bad again by mid-arvo and my good feelings were all shot by dinner time (WHY DO KIDS NOT LISTEN TO ME???) and did some lovely yelling. Very tired and cannot believe amazing husband who continues to do all cleaning up after dinner even on first day back at work!

So, didn't make my hummous but glad I had my choc fudge balls to snack on in emergencies (kids love them too so they may not last long). Did some research on grain-free, sugar-free granola and think I've gotten the gist of it will attempt some tomorrow morn. So tonight I must soak some nuts and seeds (almonds, macadamias, sunflower & golden flaxseed) - apparantly soaking nuts makes them more digestible (I'm learning something new everyday.....) so hope it works. Am using raw food recipes but will still cook in oven because I don't have a dehydrator and I want it nice and crunchy.

Other things I've instigated are :

# taking Natren Bifido Factor to up the good bugs in my tummy;
# drinking lemon water in morning & evening (would you believe it makes your pH LESS acidic??)
# drinking only filtered water

Dibs on how long I'll remember to keep this up.....

3 comments: