* I weighed 97.7 kg. (I can hear you all gasp!)
* I had a hideously itchy scalp, yeast running rife through my body, very little energy (der!) and had just weaned myself off of PND medication after the birth of my 4th child.
*I had been going to the gym for nearly a year and had gradually started building up my strength, but had not changed my diet at all from when I had been bulking up in my pregnancy and through breast feeding.
* I ate alot of organic food and had eliminated most preservatives and additives from my diet but I was addicted to baking, sugar, caffiene, wheat and dairy - whoopee!
* I struggled with low self-esteem, depression, extreme mood swings, dreadful migraines resultant from stress and shocking PMT that created much friction at home. I visited the chiro fortnightly from my weak back and neck that some days made it hard to walk, sleep and excercise.
* I rarely ever spent time in quiet, praying or reading the bible.
OK, zip forward 12 months (and a bit) to
* I weigh 78 kgs (yes, I lost 20 kgs - YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!)
* I still have some symptoms of my FM but not nearly as incapacitating as it once was. Some mornings I wake with crampy fingers and I am still hit with waves of tiredness by late arvo but this is only more recently with recovering from my Bali virus.
* I now get my itchy scalp only when I stray from my new & improved diet! The yeast is still going on but is being dealth with. I am on no medication at the moment and except for the antibiotics I took for this bug, I had not even been to see the dr for literally 8 months!!!!! Just like I started last year seeing an amazing homeopath who put me on the right track, so too did I do this year as well!
*I had an amazing personal trainer who pushed me to a place where I felt strong, slim and amazing! That adrenaline rush from working out first thing in the morning was my release and really helped me focus for the day. I did 3 x 45 min sessions a week - not very much, but they were intense sessions! I didn't kid myself, I am inately lazy and if not for knowing the trainer was doing all the brainwork for me and I just had to do what she said - made it quite easy for me to get up at 5am, in fact I actually started ENJOYING it!
* I am on a refined sugar-free, grain-free diet and am weaning myself off of most dairy. I avoid yeast products (including fermented products & fungis eg. grapes, mushrooms, vinegars, wine, etc). I love my organics but now make the most of them by trying to eat at least 50% raw. I still enjoy a cuppa java a day! I drink lots of lemon water to alkilise my body, and I have a supplement regime which gives invaluable nutrients too.
* I won't lie - I still have mood swings, and these can be pretty darn closely related to cheating in my diet, and at the moment detoxing after the Christmas break. My PMT, though, reached a point where I really saw no dramatic drop in my mood, and fewer periods of depression - something I know my husband noticed and very much appreciated. Yes, I am still married.
* My Chiro loves the new me - I still see her regularly as she helps my body cope with my continually changing fitness regime but I adjust easier, can be manipulated better (not so much flab getting in the road), have only suffered a handful of migraines and I have built up a much better core!
* OK, spiritually - I still have my desert times but I also have those oases of refreshing rain! I will always need strength and discipline to devote time to much-needed meditation and contemplation of God's word. However, the hand of God is always present in my life - how else would I (and my family) have survived the past year????? His Grace has been abundant and sufficient!
|BEFORE - December 2009, Mums' night out |
(almost too embarassed to publish).
|AFTER - December 2010 - |
celebrating making it through the year!
|BEFORE: December 2009 - I loved to hide as|
much of me as possible behind my kids!
|AFTER: January 2011 - Not the best pic|
but it does show a bit more of my body.